Seasonal Affective Disorder affects about 5% of the population. 90% experience symptoms in fall and winter as the days grow short and cold. The remaining 10% have the onset of symptoms in summertime. The long summer days and higher temps bring on depression, loss of appetite, restless sleep, weight loss and anxiety. This condition is referred to as Reverse SAD, Summertime Sadness, Summer Depression, or Summer Onset SAD.